Management Information Systems
Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems
Keiser University’s Bachelor of Science degree in Management Information Systems is the study of the uses of computers in business. Students study both business and information technology and learn how to solve business problems using hardware, operating systems, networking, programming and database management. Students learn to use technology as a key business driver to manage corporate information technology resources. During the application and management components of the program, students work in groups with community organizations to develop actual project experience.
- Develop students’ competency in both oral and written communication.
- Assist students in understanding and analyzing business problems; while preparing them to use appropriate tools, and recommending appropriate business solutions.
- Assist students in becoming proficient in the use of computer languages, databases, and other applications of information technology.
- Prepare students to apply and utilize computer-assisted research.
Skills you will develop
- Being a key enabler of business success in today’s ever-changing economic environment.
- Expertise using technology to create business solutions.
- Proficiency in the application, use, and management of information systems to provide effective information services and support.
- Critical analysis of business processes and the ability to assess information requirements.
- Expertise in providing support in the latest telecommunication technologies.
Bachelor of Science (124 Total Credits)
General Education Requirements (37 credits)
LOWER DIVISION REQUIREMENTS
- Accounting Principles I
- Accounting Principles II
- Business Law
- Financial Management
- Principles of Management
- Human Resources Management
- Introduction to Marketing
UPPER DIVISION REQUIREMENTS
- Legal and Ethical Environment of Business
- Operating Systems
- Computer Architecture Concepts
- Systems Analysis
- Data Communication and Networking
- Introduction to Business Programming
- Advanced Business Application Development
- Systems Design
- Information Systems Implementation
- Database Management Systems
- Distributed Information Systems
- Information Technology Management
- Introduction to Management/Organizational Behavior
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- International Business
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
General Education Courses
- Management Information Systems
- Professional Writing
- Critical Thinking
- Industrial Psychology
- Intermediate Statistics
*Some courses are subject to change according to Keiser University’s internal policies.
Armando Paladino, Ph.D.
Ph.D., Information Technology, Capella University, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
M.S., Specialization in Internet and Web Technologies, Florida Atlantic University, Florida.
B.S., Information Technology, University of Phoenix, Arizona.
Keiser University – Latin American Campus has a roster of qualified faculty with Ph.Ds and Master’s degrees from prestigious universities in the U.S. and Europe who, in addition to being student-centered, have extensive teaching and professional experience.