Information Technology Management
Keiser University’s Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology Management is a completion program for graduates of associate of science programs in computer-related fields. It prepares computer technicians as information technology professionals, supervisors or managers.
The following objectives are designed to meet Keiser University’s mission and its objectives.
- To educate students in basic business principles applicable to information technology management.
- To increase knowledge of the business side of technology by learning and applying customer-centered problem analysis, design and implementation.
- To develop written and oral communication skills necessary for a successful management career.
Prerequisites for Major Courses
- Evidence of graduation from a regionally-accredited associate of science program in a computer-related field.
- A minimum 24 semester credit hours of general education courses must be earned by students transferring credits from another associate degree program.
The following lower division courses must be successfully completed before beginning upper division major courses ( Course equivalency is established by the Dean of Academic Affairs from official transcripts received from regionally accredited institutions ):
- English Composition II
- College Algebra OR College Mathematics OR Applications of Mathematics
To receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology Management, students must earn 60.0 upper division credit hours. Program requirements are as follows:
|Information Technology Management Major Courses ( 45.0 credit hours )|
|Accounting for Non-Financial Majors||3.0 credit hours|
|Legal and Ethical Environments of Business||3.0 credit hours|
|Software Development: Professional and Social Issues||3.0 credit hours|
|Corporate Security Policy and Preparedness||3.0 credit hours|
|Managing Software Productions and Personnel||3.0 credit hours|
|System Analysis||3.0 credit hours|
|E-Business Infrastructure Management||3.0 credit hours|
|Systems Design||3.0 credit hours|
|Information Systems Implementation||3.0 credit hours|
|Information Technology Management||3.0 credit hours|
|Information Technology Planning||3.0 credit hours|
|Database Management Systems||3.0 credit hours|
|Introduction to Management/Organizational Behavior||3.0 credit hours|
|Operations Management||3.0 credit hours|
|Project Management||3.0 credit hours|
|Upper Division General Education Courses (15.0 credit hours)|
|Management Information Systems||3.0 credit hours|
|Organization and Technology of Information Systems||3.0 credit hours|
|Professional Writing||3.0 credit hours|
|Critical Thinking||3.0 credit hours|
|Intermediate Statistics||3.0 credit hours|