- Contact one of our friendly admissions counselors.
- Attend an open house or plan a campus visit (optional).
- Schedule a convenient time to meet with your admissions counselor to determine if Keiser University is right for you.
- Submit and comply with all Admissions Requirements.
The following requirements* apply only to applicants/students at Keiser University’s Latin American Campus in San Marcos, Nicaragua:
- A completed Keiser University application form
- An official high school transcript: recommended un-weighted GPA above 2.8 or college GPA above 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- College admission scores: SAT (code 3840) suggested score equal to or above 1580 or an ACT (4813 code) suggested score equal to or above 22
- English proficiency requirement: students whose native language is not English may be admitted with a minimum score of 500 on the paper based TOEFL exam (which is the equivalent of 173 on the computer based TOEFL or 61 on the internet based TOEFL).
- A copy of high school Diploma Apostilled and Notarized if issued outside of Nicaragua with the exception of US institutions.
- One well-constructed essay on either of the following topics:
- Describe why you would like to attend Keiser University and what you hope to gain from your time here (500 words)
- Describe a character who has had an influence on you and explain that influence.
- This individual must be a character in literature or a historical figure.
- Essays should be typewritten and demonstrate consideration for content as well as grammar style.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals not related to the applicant that provides thoughtful reflection on the applicant´s ability to succeed at Keiser University. One of the letters should include an academic reference (teacher, guidance counselor or tutor). The other should be a reference on the applicant’s character and abilities.
Conditional or Probational Admission
Applicants who do not meet the established admissions criteria may be considered for conditional or probationary admission by the Admissions Committee. Students admitted conditionally or on probation may be required to take remedial courses that do not count toward degree completion and/or attend counseling and tutoring in the Center for Academic Excellence and may also only be allowed to enroll in a limited number of regular degree-related courses. Grades for students admitted conditionally are reviewed at the end of the semester. Students who make acceptable progress and fulfill the conditions of their admission are allowed to continue their studies as regular students.
*Admissions Requirements are subject to change.
For more information about admissions requirements, please contact your Admissions Counselor or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming freshmen students can apply for spring, summer or fall admission. You are encouraged to apply as early as possible before the start date of each session.
|Fall 2021||August 30th, 2021|
|Spring 2022||January 10th, 2022|
Enrollment Agreement (If you already fill the application form, please enter your name and fill the enrollment agreement forms)
Pay the admissions fee
Send your documents
Official documents should be mailed to:
IN THE UNITED STATES
P.O. Box 02-5640, #654
Miami, FL 3310
IN NICARAGUA OR OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Gasolinera UNO 2c. al Sur
San Marcos, Carazo, Nicaragua
Certified or registered mail is recommended.
Academic Placement Determination
Entering students are tested for English and mathematics placement using diagnostic tests provided by Keiser University. Upon completion of the examination, students are notified which English and mathematics courses they must take.
New students at the Latin American Campus are also tested for Spanish placement unless transfer credit or credit by examination has been awarded. For more information about placement exams, please contact your admissions counselor or write us at email@example.com