The Writing Studio & Tutoring Services Office provides free, peer-to-peer, tutoring services to students who need additional assistance in their pursuit of academic excellence.
The Writing Studio
Offers one-on-one consultations to help students improve their writing. Contact the Writing Studio Coordinator to make an appointment to polish up your essays, lab reports, journals, resumes, and research papers. Come for assistance during any stage of the writing process.
At Keiser University, you can get online tutoring assistance 24/7 right within your course using Tutor.com. Through this tool, you have access to your own personal tutor any time you need one.
Opening and Closing Hours
To learn more about the Writing Studio & Tutoring Services Office, you can visit us in room C108 between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. We offer tutoring in English, Accounting, Algebra, College Math, Calculus, Finance, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Introduction to Computers, Statistics, History, and Spanish.
You can also find information about our activities and tutors in our Blackboard course.
Writing Studio and Tutoring Center Director
Office number: (505) 2535-2314, ext. 207
The following are some helpful links to help you pursue academic excellence
- Grammar Bytes: Handouts
- Grammar Bytes: Presentations
- Grammar Bytes: Rules
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) — Here are helpful websites MLA and APA guidelines.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Writing Center
- University of Minnesota: Student Writing Support
- Guide to Grammar and Writing
- Writing Commons
- 1000+ most popular English idioms and their meanings
- Online Free Creative Writing Courses
- Patrick JMT is a website where you can find tutorials on Algebra | Arithmetic | Calculus | Differential Equations | Discrete Math | Linear Algebra | Probability and Statistics | Trigonometry | Misc
- Khan Academy provides great resources to support students in Basic Math, Intermediate Algebra, and College Algebra. Khan Academy also has tutorials in a wide range of fields including Finance and Accounting: Algebra I
- In the website S.O.S Mathematics Algebra, you will find what you need to do to nail Algebra. And this one shows you how to get started on Calculus
- In Calculus on the Web, you will have access to book chapters for Calculus.
- In Wolfram Alpha, a search engine, students can enter equations and other data to calculate results and see graphs.
- “Understanding Mathematics through Insight, Concept, and Perception” is the premise of the website Visual Math Learners.
- In Mathportal.org, students can find free Math lessons, calculators, formulas, and tests.
- Another excellent math resource is Hegarthymath, where you will find more than 1,000 videos to get a hang of Mathematics.
- In the following link, The West Texas A&M University provides several tutorials concerning Algebra (beginner, intermediate, and college level) in its website.
- For those who enjoy studying Math in a more interactive way, here`s a link to the InterActMath website, where you can look up a wide range of exercises from many Math books.
- Coursera is an alternative if you are looking for free online courses to broaden your knowledge even further.